Who we are:
The Big Bend Natural History Assocation is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization established in 1956. Authorized by Congress, our goal is to educate the public to a better understanding and appreciation of the Big Bend area and what it represents in terms of our historical and natural heritage. Over the years our aid to the National Park Service totals more than two million dollars. BBNHA also supports Amistad National Recreation Area and the Rio Grande Wild and Scenic River.
What we do:
- Publish materials such as hiking, road and river guides, trail maps, and wildlife checklists
- Fund the Junior Ranger and other educational programs that reach more than a thousand children every year
- Support the Volunteers in the Parks (VIP) program
- Help fund the publication of the park newspaper, site bulletins, and informational brochures
- Provide information to visitors in park Visitor Centers