A birding book for true beginners! This pocket-size, brilliantly colorful, simple-to-use guide is an ideal introduction to the birds of the Western United States. It contains dozens of full-color photographs that enable readers of all ages to identify the most common species; range maps; tips on attracting and observing birds; information on habitat needs, life cycle, food preferences; and much more.
Special features include:
- Coverage of 100 species
- Unique organization by birds' plumage colors
- User-friendly color tab index for quick reference
- Brilliant full-color photographs of each species, plus separate images of male and female when plumage differs
- Useful tips for attracting birds
- Information on voice, habitat, nest, eggs, incubation time, population trends, behavior, birdhouse and feeder preferences, and much more
Donald and Lilian Stokes are widely recognized as two of America's foremost authorities on birds and nature. They are the hosts of the PBS series BirdWatch with Don and Lilian Stokes. Their books include the bestselling Stokes Field Guide to Birds
144 pgs, 7 x 0.4 x 4.5 inches
Little, Brown and Company; 1st edition (October 1, 1996)
Customers who bought this product also purchased...